Pilot is the first episode of Season 1 of Dharma and Greg and the show's first episode overall. It originally aired on September 24, 1997.
When Greg sees Dharma on the subway, they can't stop looking at each other. She recognizes his picture in the newspaper and finds him in his office, drags him to a Giants baseball game, then for pie in Reno, where they get married all within the same day.
Back at home, the dream soon turns into a nightmare for Greg when he meets Dharma's hippie parents. They can't tell her dad Larry that they committed the 'fascist state's unnatural' act of marriage, and Dharma's adventure begins when she meets Greg's socialite snob parents. The happy couple finds themselves in a tug of war between decency and staying true to yourself with ruthless honesty.
- Jenna Elfman as Dharma Montgomery
- Thomas Gibson as Gregory Montgomery
- Shae D'lyn as Jane Deaux
- Joel Murray as Peter Cavanaugh
- Mimi Kennedy as Abby O'Neil
- Alan Rachins as Larry Finkelstein
- Mitchell Ryan as Edward Montgomery
- Susan Sullivan as Kitty Montgomery
- Elaine Kagan as Woman on Train
- Megan Butala as Young Dharma
- Mathew Weiss as Young Greg
- John Mariano as Man (uncredited)